WELCOME to parishioners, friends & visitors to Scarborough Parishes of St Peter, St Joseph & St Edward the Confessor website .
PAGE CONTENTS (scroll down to section)
Attending Mass (inc links to further info)
Readings at Mass
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament times
Prayer intentions of the Holy Father
ATTENDING MASS – GUIDELINES
Note – if numbers exceed capacity, the following may change – stay tuned!
• Groups shouldn’t exceed 6 from own household/support bubble
• Book in advance for St Edward’s Saturday Vigil Mass only
• Give your name to the steward on arrival
• If not on the list, you must fill in a Test & Trace form
• Observe all COVID-19 safety & sanitising signage
• Use NHS Test & Trace App if you can.
A scannable QR code is displayed in each church.
• Meeting rooms closed until further notice
• Face coverings are mandatory (click link for exemptions).
USEFUL INFORMATION for more info on the following click HERE
• Face coverings
• NHS Test & Trace App
• How to book a test if you think you may have COVID-19
• Test & Trace regulations
• Bishop Drainey’s guidance to all Parishes in the Diocese of Middlesbrough on the celebration of Mass
MASS TIMES IN SCARBOROUGH
Live stream at St Peter’s
Saturdays (Vigil) – 5.30pm St Edward’s** (booking required)
Sundays – 9.30am St Joseph’s
Sundays – 9.30am St Peter’s (Polish)
Sundays – 11.30am St Peter’s
Mondays – NO MASS
Tuesdays – 7pm St Edward’s
Wednesdays – 10am St Peter’s
Thursdays – 10am St Joseph’s
Fridays – 10am St Peter’s
Saturdays – 10am St Peter’s
(Go to our LINKS page for information on other Live Masses in our diocese, country and elsewhere in the world)
READINGS AT MASS
Click HERE for daily Mass readings for our local area of Middlesbrough Diocese. This resource is made available by Universalis. The Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) is also available on their website. This is the Daily Prayer of the Church, which includes Morning & Evening Prayer. Lots more info is on their website, inc. info on each day, and instructions on reciting the Liturgy of the Hours. Click HERE for more QR codes or take a look at their website HERE.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION (Confession)
Available at the side altar after Saturday morning Mass at St Peter’s Church until 11am
Confession in Polish: 9am Sundays
EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
30 minutes before each weekday Mass except Mondays
POPE FRANCIS’ MONTHLY PRAYER INTENTIONS 2020 Click HERE to go to the official website, Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network and click “Pope’s Intentions” on the top menu.