In the Eucharist we receive Christ Himself. It is important, therefore, that each of us is properly prepared, and approaches the Sacrament with the correct disposition.
First Holy Communion Preparation Programmes are run each year, commencing in January. Please speak to the Parish Priest in advance if you would like your child to receive First Holy Communion. They will also be prepared to make their First Confession. NOTE: Following the easing of Coronavirus restrictions the remaining programme for the 2020 candidates, is given below (but keep an eye on the newsletter in case of changes to COVID-19 restrictions) :-
- Parents – meeting 7pm Thurs 1 Oct in St Peter’s Church.
- Children in the Catholics School – Catechists meet with the children 1.30pm on Fridays in St Joseph’s Church on 9 and 16 October.
- Children in non-Catholic schools – meetings are Thursdays at 6.30pm in St Peter’s Church on 8 and 15 October.
- First Confessions will be arranged in school before the dates of the celebration of the Sacrament – to be confirmed.
- The Sacrament will be celebrated in 3 groups all at 1.30pm at St Peter’s Church: Sat 17th, Sun 18th and Sat 24 October.
If you wish to be received into the Church, or you are an adult who has been away from the Church for a long time and wishes to return, please speak to the Parish Priest.
The Holy Eucharist completes Christian initiation. Those who have been raised to the dignity of the royal priesthood by Baptism and configured more deeply to Christ by Confirmation participate with the whole community in the Lord’s own sacrifice by means of the Eucharist. (Catechism of the Catholic Church 1322)